Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Five Days and counting.

Ever since I can remember I've had troubles. Bum troubles that is. Specifically troubles in getting certain substances to come out of my bum. I have horrific memories of pushing out large chunks of the stuff, so large in fact my little toddler bum would bleed. Even more horrible was the little brown Prodiem Plus beads my mom would force feed me to take every day in effort of solving said problem. Nearly twenty six years later and I'm still dealing with this problem.

Now, there is no need to lecture me on diet and the importance of drinking lots of water. I know it all. I've been scarfing down the bran and drinking over 2 litres of water a day. And now we're rounding the corner of day five and still...nothing. I fear the use the use of laxitives or prescription meds as I don't want my bowels to become sluggish or dependant. But folks, I'm getting desperate. Natural advice anyone? Sorry If I've ruined any of your appetites or your respect for me. But I need help. And I don't want the kind of help that comes in the form of a gloved finger either.

9 comments:

Janice said...

my sister Deanna and Ethan really struggle with this as well. I really find that orange juice and mini wheats do a good number. And i don't think after five days it would be a bad idea to use a laxative, i don't think you would become dependant.

Becky said...

I wish I had that problem!! heehee as you know, I usually have the opposite. But, with IBS, I get that too sometimes.. I just wait for a bout of diarrhea to kick in.. Maybe go out to eat or get nervous about something... always works for me!! haha I think I'll need a diaper on my wedding day! Sorry if I grossed anyone out! But they should be prepared for it, after reading your post.

Anonymous said...

heyyyy christy!! ah, as i randomly not so often check manda and stephs blogs and go onto yours, and find your lovely latest post...heehee. i know you'll get all kinds of advice that "work"...at camp in the summer jana and i always havev this issue and usualy stock our locker with cranberry juice, bran, LOTS AND LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES...and i mean a whole plate of brocceli should do you in.
hope it works soon! see you in april!

shareen said...

I drink aloe vera juice. I know it sounds weird, but mixing about 1/3 of a cup of it with my juice every morning keeps me regular (and no joke, it helps with the "consistency"--not as in keeping me regular, but as in the texture of the stuff). You can buy it at most grocery stores I think...in the health/natural foods section. I get mine at Superstore or Nutters. Watkins sells it too but it's more expensive. Seriously, I swear by it.

Heidi said...

Tim Horton's coffee does it for me. Must be something in it.

Stephanie and Brad said...

I have no advice. I just wanted to say that I feel like I've really bonded with everyone as I've just had a little extra glimpse into the bodily functions of many strangers. Christy..good luck. May the force be with you... the good force that fights the evil force of constipation. My heart goes out to you. GO EAT A CRYSTAL LIGHT SLURPEE. That'll do it for ya!!

shareen said...

okay, I just actually measured the amount of aloe vera juice I put in my juice this morning and it's not even close to 1/3 of a cup (I just thought that sounded about right). I just put a couple glugs in the bottom of the glass and then fill it up with juice. It's probably 3-4 tablespoons. It doesn't have a funky taste at all. It's best in apple or orange juice though.

Jen said...

There's always the castor oil!

Christy and Dustin said...

Never again will I attempt the castor oil. Not for labour. Not for anyhthing. Not even six days of not pooping. Maybe seven but not six.