Monday, May 01, 2006

Good-bye internets

Guys, I feel totally deflated. I've been thinking about it all day and I'm pretty sure I'm going to delete my blog. I've been insulted more than I ever have in my entire life for standing up for the truths I beleive to be true and I don't even know these people. I've had almost a year and a half of a good positive blogging experience. And now after one week I'm totally spent and discouraged and even afraid. I know it's my own fault to putting my two bits in where it wasn't asked or wanted but truly my intentions were not for harm. I believe so strongly in the saving power of my God, but apparently those thoughts are not welcome in some circles. I may start one up again eventually but for now. I think I'm done. I'm hurt, offended, insulted. I'll keep this open for comments for a little bit longer.
Sorry friends.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, Christy. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I respect your decision to delete your blog but will definitely miss you in the blogging scene.

Jenessa Fowke said...

Aw, I will be oh so sad not to be able to see all the good pics, stories and updates. I feel like I know you so much better through this blog thing. However, if you don't feel comfortable with it anymore, shutting down the old blog is proabably the thing to do. Bye for now.

karen said...

Christy, it just totally sucks that this has happened. It's such a shame that people use the annonimnity (sp?) of the internet to puff up their courage and say things that are not only totally inappropriate, but probably things that they wouldn't even say to their friends/family/strangers' faces in their real life (at least I hope). I'll miss you if you go, but I can respect your decision. This just means that I'll have to get to know you better in person! Just like in the olden days.

:)

Angella said...

Do what you gotta do. I'm just glad I get to call you "friend" in real life :)

Susie said...

I don't know you very well Christy, but what I do know of you - I love. You are caring, honest, loving and passionate. There is nothing to fear in those qualities. Sometimes you have to look at the people who are insulting you and pray for them and yourself. I know I have had to do that a few times since blogging. I try to be true to who I am without offending anyone else. I pray for those who I feel hurt by in hopes that the relationship will heal. And for those strangers who snag a bit of heart away and stomp on it, I try to release that to them- knowing that they probably needed that ego boost more than I did. I love reading your blog and know that I think you are an amazing person and even more amazing for standing up for what you believe in.