Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The saving grace

Here is Nathan Dykstra, he is celebrating his first birthday today. Born only a short year ago on the 25th of August. We're having a combined party tonight for both Ben and Nathan. Although Megan and Nathan are really the partners in crime. Plus, the combined value of both of thier cuteness is more than world can handle in a single doseage and should therefore be considered a crime against all humanity. Except for the fact that thier cuteness is a good thing not a bad thing
because at times it is their only saving grace. Like the time when Dustin and I took the kids camping and the first night we put Megan to sleep in the back of the van (in a playpen). We didn't know at the time that she knew how to climb out of the thing. The next morning we awoke to find her sitting on the front seat sucking on a empty carton of raspberry juice, the contents of which were beginning to make permanent dye stains on her face and hair as well as covering the entire fron of her sleeper the remains ended up in a large puddle on the front passenger seat already a bright shade of purple. To match the lovely shade on my face of course. Amongst that disaster we discovered every cd, dvd, map, toy, and electronic device known to man strewn about the disemboweled innards of our relatively new vehicle. I could tell the van was upset by how the hazards were so furiously blinking and blinking. But, despite all that, I couldn't be angry with her. Not only did she not know any better, but the way in which she looked at us, all purply and happy...such a big smile on her face. "hi, hi ,hi" she kept repeating. And "joooce! Jooce!" Yes, Megan, juice indeed. I could only shake my head, sigh and kiss her sticky face praying the purple juice would come out of the front seat.
...it did.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow Christy and Dustin, when did you 2 become spam lovers?

Justin

Angella said...

I have to echo Justin - how on EARTH did all these people get your site?!? I hope I'm not next...

Christy and Dustin said...

I know, and I thought when I saw all the comments that people just really liked my blog. But I know you guys do so that's good enough.

Angella said...

Hey - you deleted my comment about arranged marriages. Does this mean the wedding for Nathan & Megan is off?
Angella