Saturday, September 03, 2005

Happiness for The Benny

Last night I was tucking Ben in for the night and as always he asked me to "sing sunshine". So, told him about how he is like the sunshine to me and he makes me happy when I feel sad. I asked him, "Ben, can you think of something that makes you feel happy?" He lay there and hummed and hawed for a minute. Then his face broke into a huge smile, "I feel happy when we go see Grampa and Gramma and we go see the cows!"
About six months ago while we were visiting Dustin's parents in Merrit we went for an afternoon driving excursion and we happened to stop on the side of the road for a few minutes and look at the cows. Apparently it was such an amazing experience that Ben remembers it to this day. And it's the first thing that comes to his mind when he's asked what makes him happy. Simple pleasures.

No comments: