Tuesday, October 11, 2005

In a nutshell.





Well, after a whirlwind weekend fully equipped with laughter, tears, praise and thanksgiving, oh yeah and eighteen hours on the road, we're finally home. And I must say that I'm completely shocked and amazed at how amazing my kids travel. Out of eighteen hours in the car (22 for Ben and Megan because they had to go to and from Lethbridge as well) they maybe fussed for half an hour in total. "They" being Megan. They played nicely and sat quietly and watched DVD's and slept. I'm so proud of them. I think I had more issues dealing with Brad Riemer who travelled with us. Only because he likes to get my husband talking about farts and the amazing ways they light up in blue flames with a lighter. (I was even demontrated this at some point. Not my first time though having grown up with brothers) And how the origin of the name Banff is after some ancient native man's flatulence. I tell you, being the only female around Brad and Dustin can be a wee bit frightening. But really I loved it.
Now, as for the wedding... it was beautiful. The ceremony, was heartfelt, intimate, and God honoring. Jen of course looked stunning and the way Steve watched her coming towards him, mouth agape was so precious. They are amazing people who acomplished thier goal of giving thier heavenly Father all praise and glory on thier wedding day. We rejoice with them.
I'm sorry to tell you that our digital camera was left in our kids bag that went to Lethbridge for the weekend so I have no pictures yet. But I do have a few from the trip before the bag was snatched away. And I'm having some emailed to me soon so I will post some then.
It saddens me somewhat because for the first time in a really long time I actually got all dressed up in new duds and bought new shoes and jewllery, and we spent HOURS in the mall trying on EVERY suit we could find for Dustin and we have no picture to show how amazing we looked. Though we didn't actually end up getting a suit for for Dustin because he's so tall and lean all the ones long enough were too wide. Lucky for me I have the exact opposite problem (sarcasm). Well he still looked amazing in a new shirt, tie and pants.
So, that's it in a nutshell. Maybe I'll crack it open a little further, the nutshell that is, and expand on the comings and goings a little more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Becky said...

sounds like you had a great trip! it was so nice having your kids for a while, though i missed seeing you! I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding!! Any good ideas for me?

Stephanie and Brad said...

Christy, I'm glad you guys had a good time. I really wish I could have come along. Oh yeah...I'd like to apologize for Brad. I wipe my hands clean of any of the trouble he might have caused. I can only imagine the chaos and blue flames..definitely disgusting (although I have to admit, I can understand the amusement they get from lighting their 'wind' on fire). I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding!!