Tuesday, November 01, 2005

We are...a family!



Last night, as you may know, was Halloween. And as do most young families, we took our kids "trick or treating". Ben was a Dragon and Megan was Megan. We weren't planning to all go together so we didn't have a costume for her. But go together we did. I LOVED IT! All for of us traipsing about the neighborhood as a little family. Ben was so cute. He was excited and happy and loved every minute of it. We had to go see "Mrs. B" so we did our rounds in trout creek. Seems to be where most kids end up for Halloween.
As we walked around together, it felt to surreal. The four of us, our own little family complete with mom, dad, boy and girl. I could have sworn we were just "playing house". Okay, you be the daddy and I'll be the mommy and Ben you pretend to be the cute, happy little boy and Megan you be the baby girl. Got it? Okay, lets go!
I'm really excited to start our own family traditions together. Like trick or treating together, or carving pumpkins. I love being a family. I love my kids. When we arrived home the end of the night I was just so thankful, so blessed, my heart just full to bursting. PRAISE GOD from whom ALL blessings flow!

6 comments:

April said...

Oh....so cute!! Look at Megan in that second picture. She's just beaming cause everyone else is too. She wasn't even in a costume. It's sooo funny.

Stephanie and Brad said...

Good thing you went to go see Mrs.B! Everyone needs to go see Mrs. B on Halloween (except that always meant we would run out of candy and had none left over for me to eat later!) I'm sure she loved seeing you guys. I love your precious little family.

Heidi said...

Ben looks so cute in his costume and Megan doesn't seem to care she is without one. We too went to see Mrs. B. Boy Trout creek was a busy place. Glad you had fun. My girls talk all year about trick or treating. I am sure Ben will too!

Becky said...

Soo cute. Megan looks like a cabbage patch kid in that picture!! I kept coming back and wondering what it was she looked like, then it cam to me.. A CABBAGE PATCH KID!!! so cubby-cheeked and dimpled! You couldn't re-use your laundry basket costume on her?? Love ya!

Dan said...

That's so cool Christy! I unfortunately missed the whole Halloween experience. I was working that day and got called out for an emerg call. Missed all of Josh's trick or treating. :( Oh well, that's part of the career.

nelly said...

I still remember trick or treat with you guys .I hated tryng to find an idea for costumes, sinse I have no imagination , but I loved going door to door and visitng all the relatives . Wish I could have shared this experiance with you guys, Love Mom Grandma