Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Moving bites the big one!

I'm taking a quick break here with a nice medium double couble from next door to give you all a quick update on our sitcheeation. My amazing mom is here now being a busy little bee throwing stuff into boxes and hauling much too heavy boxes down the infernal stairs I have walked nearly everyday for the last two and a half years. I must say I will not miss those stairs. My mom and I have single handedly packed and hauled nearly every box down the stairs and into the garage of our very unfinished and uninhabitable house. Reason being my husband (the poor dear) has contracted a nasty virus. Possibly mono, possibly influenza, possibly the SARS. Kidding. But he is indeed sick. So the old lady and pregnant woman have been doing all the work around here. Don't worry, I know my limitations and I haven't lifted anything too heavy. But I do think I'm developing a nasty case of the hemorroids. Nice to know eh? So far we're impatiently waiting for Dustin to be at a functional level so our house can get done so I don't have to live away from him forever. Illness can be just so inconvenient! He goes to the doc today to maybe get some bloodwork done to know for sure.

Thursday we're moving all the big crap out of here to the house. We will have already done all the boxes so it shouldn't take too long. And the cleaning is pretty near done too so if ya'll wanna send yer hubby's out our way then I won't have to haul a couch or a dresser down and put myself into preterm labour. If you're none too busy that is. We're a sad bunch here. One sick guy, a very pregnant woman and an old lady. (kidding mom) But, you gotta do what you gotta do. Why is it everytime we move I end up being very pregnant? Bad planning I suppose. Well, I can't wait to be in our house. Despite all this stress, I am excited and very thankful. But, I do miss seeing my friends.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll offer my hubby's services, but our pickup is full of cobblestone. He can use your truck if need be :)

Why don't you, your YOUNG Mom & the chillens come over tomorrow morning for a play date?

:)

Robyn said...

Oh no! What a nightmare time for Dustin to be sick. I hope its nothing too serious and that he is back to normal soon. Moving is stressful enough without throwing an illness into the mix. Take care of yourself, ok?

Anonymous said...

Your friends miss you too! I can't top steal you away for an hour and force feed you some oat bar and a hearty frap. You need the break, my friend!

Elizabeth said...

Sucky
I sure hope Dustin feels better soon. I also hope that the move goes well. Let us know if you need bodies to help with stuff, we'd love to make the trip again. Take lots of pictures of the transitions, for sweet-relief-filled "after" pictures.

Amanda Franks said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but it will be so nice when you have it done! Hope Dustin gets better soon and that you have nice weather for your moving day! How exciting that you're almost "out with the old and in with the new!"

Becky said...

Yay! you are almost there. I can't wait to see the house, and can't wait to see you & the little ones soon. Miss you, hope Dustin feels better soon!

Manda said...

Glad to hear that you are getting some stuff done! Pregnant and all! I don't feel like I get much done around here. I'm planning on coming down the last week of Sept to see everyone. Yay! I hope and pray that Dustin gets better. Take care of yourself. Miss you all! Hugs and kisses.

shareen said...

hope you're having a great and relaxing time in lethbridge post-move! say hi to that city for me. :) don't cram too much in, eh? put your feet up for a while...and the same goes for your mother!