Tuesday, June 28, 2005

All that this boy stirs in me


This is my son. I adore him. I am so very proud of him, bursting with the stuff you could say. You must try to understand the depth of ability, the scope of intelligence, the vast universe of this boy's immagination. He is boundless and boundlessly free. I just wish all of you could see him as I do, all of you could feel what I feel. This boy and his life lift me. He lifts me to greater adventure, he lifts me to greater strength and laughter, higher dreams and lofty discoveries that have rested on a shelf unreachable. I am not tall enough, but he, he makes me a giant. Tonight, I said, "Benny, I love you so much." You know, I just looked into his eyes and hoped that he might catch what I am actually saying and he lifted his sippy cup and said, "I love you, too, Daddy." He always has and I am a better man because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dust,
You are such a wonderful Dad. God has placed inside you such a tender heart for Him and for loving others. Your boy and girl are so blessed to have your fierce love for them. I know I am a fuller person for having been loved by you during this life. Your kids will be lifted to greater adventure, greater strength and laughter, higher dreams and lofty discoveries, and grow to have hearts of giants because of your loving them. I know.