Sunday, August 28, 2005

Thankful hearts.

It's late and I just can't sleep. Dustin and I awoke to the phone ringing at nearly eleven tonight. And anytime that happens it's not usually someone just calling to wish you a good night's sleep. Our dear friends Matt and Angella had a fire tonight in thier house. I don't even know what happened, Dustin's on his way there right nowto help with clean up. I only know that it was big enough to be really scary. Big enough to be thankful that both their boys and them are still alive and well. Big enough to remember what really matters. I can only imagine the shock of hearing the crackle of fire in your own house. To open the door to your one year old's room and feel the searing heat of it's flame. Thier house is now practically completely submerged underwater. "It's bad Christy, really bad." I was told. And all this after months of hard labour almost everyday renovating their home. I'm so sorry guys. SO, sorry. And yet, not as sorry as I am thankful. Thankful to God that you and your precious boys made it out okay. Thankful that we can and will help you rebuild that which you have lost.
Sigh.
The days ahead will be long and hard and sad as you tally up the cost of the damage, the hours lost of work that's been done. The clean up. But, I promise we will be there with you in any and every way that we can. And we will do it rejoicing, that you're still here with us.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So sorry to hear about their home. We are praying for them. If there is anything that we can do to help, please let us know.
~J+E

D said...

Ditto
Danica and Matthew

Angella said...

Thank you for BEING Jesus to us. We love you more than you'll ever know.
Love,
Angella, Matthew, Graham & Nathan